PLACER COUNTY (KRON/CNN) — Emergency crews rescued an injured dog and two hikers using night vision in Placer County on Tuesday.
They were trapped in the Sierra Mountains in Placer County.
Police say the two men were hiking on a trail when their dog got scared and ran off. When the men found their dog, he wasn’t able to stand on his hind legs.
They carried him for 2 1/2 hours. It got dark and the two hikers got lost.
They stopped to build a fire and called 911.
The men are OK and the dog is expected to recover.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SWARM OF 28 EARTHQUAKES STRIKE TRUCKEE AREA
- VIDEO: SAN JOSE SWIM COACH ARRESTED FOR TEXTS REQUESTING SEXUAL FAVORS
- RICHMOND FATHER FATALLY SHOOTS 18-YEAR-OLD SON
- GOOD SAMARITAN HELPING LOST TODDLER GETS BEAT UP BY PARENT, FACEBOOK SHAMED
- VIDEO: LOS ANGELES FATHER ACCUSED OF KILLING SON TO APPEAR IN COURT
- MAN JAILED WHEN DRYWALL POWDER IS MISTAKEN FOR COCAINE
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN