SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A decomposing body was found near I-280 in San Francisco on Thursday afternoon, the California Highway Patrol said.
The body was found on northbound 280.
The decomposing body was reported at 1:49 p.m. near the San Jose Avenue offramp.
CHP spokesman Vu Williams said the body may have been that of homeless man, but did not necessarily appear to be related to an earlier collision.
The fire department and medical examiner were called to the scene.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- HOUSE TO VOTE ON KATE’S LAW, SANCTUARY CITY BILL
- SAN RAFAEL MAN ARRESTED AFTER TRYING TO MOVE INTO HOUSE STILL FOR SALE
- FREMONT POLICE BELIEVE WOMAN MISSING SINCE 1989 WAS MURDERED
- SHOCKING VIDEO: PREGNANT WOMAN RUNS OVER SUSPECTED PURSE THIEF WITH SUV
- UMPIRE SAVES WOMAN ATTEMPTING SUICIDE
- WOMAN FACES MULTIPLE CHARGES AFTER GETTING PREGNANT BY 11-YEAR-OLD BOY
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN