MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A mother is accused of burning her 3-year-old son’s foot because he wet his bed.
Manatee County deputies charged Derby Sanon, 28, with aggravated child abuse.
The boy told a day-care worker that his mom had burned him, deputies said. The worker found a fresh blister on the bottom of his right foot.
During the investigation Sanon said that her son urinated in his bed overnight and to punish him she touched his foot with a hot iron. She told deputies she didn’t realize it would cause a blister.
Child Protection Investigators continue to work the case.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SWARM OF 28 EARTHQUAKES STRIKE TRUCKEE AREA
- VIDEO: SAN JOSE SWIM COACH ARRESTED FOR TEXTS REQUESTING SEXUAL FAVORS
- RICHMOND FATHER FATALLY SHOOTS 18-YEAR-OLD SON
- GOOD SAMARITAN HELPING LOST TODDLER GETS BEAT UP BY PARENT, FACEBOOK SHAMED
- VIDEO: LOS ANGELES FATHER ACCUSED OF KILLING SON TO APPEAR IN COURT
- MAN JAILED WHEN DRYWALL POWDER IS MISTAKEN FOR COCAINE
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN