LASALLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) — A mother is accused of trying to torch a car with her 11-year-old son bound and locked inside at a southeast Michigan cemetery.
The Monroe County sheriff’s office says 48-year-old Sherrie Richter was arraigned Thursday on assault with intent to murder and arson charges.
The sheriff’s office said preliminary investigations show Richter bound the boy’s wrists, locked him inside the car and tried to set two fires in the vehicle at Roselawn Memorial Park, about 10 miles (16 kilometers) northeast of the Ohio state line.
She then freed the boy. The mother and son were later found walking in the cemetery.
The boy was taken to a hospital as a precaution and released.
Richter, of Frenchtown Township, is jailed on a $100,000 bond. She has requested a court-appointed attorney.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SWARM OF 28 EARTHQUAKES STRIKE TRUCKEE AREA
- VIDEO: SAN JOSE SWIM COACH ARRESTED FOR TEXTS REQUESTING SEXUAL FAVORS
- RICHMOND FATHER FATALLY SHOOTS 18-YEAR-OLD SON
- GOOD SAMARITAN HELPING LOST TODDLER GETS BEAT UP BY PARENT, FACEBOOK SHAMED
- VIDEO: LOS ANGELES FATHER ACCUSED OF KILLING SON TO APPEAR IN COURT
- MAN JAILED WHEN DRYWALL POWDER IS MISTAKEN FOR COCAINE
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN