SAN CARLOS (KRON) — A resident spotted a mountain lion in San Carlos on Thursday morning, county officials said.
Around 10 a.m., a resident reported seeing what they believe to have been a mountain lion in the vicinity of Tulip Lane and Crestview Drive, near Interstate Highway 280.
Mountain lions typically avoid confrontations with people, but anyone who sees a big cat should avoid approaching it, especially if it is around cubs.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- HOUSE TO VOTE ON KATE’S LAW, SANCTUARY CITY BILL
- SAN RAFAEL MAN ARRESTED AFTER TRYING TO MOVE INTO HOUSE STILL FOR SALE
- FREMONT POLICE BELIEVE WOMAN MISSING SINCE 1989 WAS MURDERED
- SHOCKING VIDEO: PREGNANT WOMAN RUNS OVER SUSPECTED PURSE THIEF WITH SUV
- UMPIRE SAVES WOMAN ATTEMPTING SUICIDE
- WOMAN FACES MULTIPLE CHARGES AFTER GETTING PREGNANT BY 11-YEAR-OLD BOY
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN