PENNSYLVANIA (KRON)– A Major League Baseball umpire saved a woman who was attempting suicide in Pennsylvania on Wednesday.
John Tumpane saw a woman climbing over a railing above the river.
Tumpane approached her and locked both his arms around her back.
He said the woman urged him multiple times to let her go.
The woman said repeatedly, “You don’t care about me.”
Tumpane kept responding, assuring her that he did care and wouldn’t let go.
He held onto her until police arrived and helped loft her back over the railing.
The woman was taken to a hospital.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SWARM OF 28 EARTHQUAKES STRIKE TRUCKEE AREA
- VIDEO: SAN JOSE SWIM COACH ARRESTED FOR TEXTS REQUESTING SEXUAL FAVORS
- RICHMOND FATHER FATALLY SHOOTS 18-YEAR-OLD SON
- GOOD SAMARITAN HELPING LOST TODDLER GETS BEAT UP BY PARENT, FACEBOOK SHAMED
- VIDEO: LOS ANGELES FATHER ACCUSED OF KILLING SON TO APPEAR IN COURT
- MAN JAILED WHEN DRYWALL POWDER IS MISTAKEN FOR COCAINE
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN