WATSONVILLE (BCN)–A man was arrested early Tuesday on suspicion of burglarizing a Goodwill Industries store and another discount store in Watsonville, police said.
Officers responded at 12:41 a.m. to a report of a burglary in progress at the Goodwill store at 470 Main St. and detained Horacio Lara, a 37-year-old transient who had just exited the store, according to police.
Witnesses identified Lara as the alleged thief and officers located a second business on the same block, Casa Choi Discount, that had also been burglarized.
Lara had property in his possession from the discount store and police said he entered both businesses by breaking the glass on the front doors.
He was booked into county jail on suspicion of two counts of commercial burglary.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SWARM OF 28 EARTHQUAKES STRIKE TRUCKEE AREA
- VIDEO: SAN JOSE SWIM COACH ARRESTED FOR TEXTS REQUESTING SEXUAL FAVORS
- RICHMOND FATHER FATALLY SHOOTS 18-YEAR-OLD SON
- GOOD SAMARITAN HELPING LOST TODDLER GETS BEAT UP BY PARENT, FACEBOOK SHAMED
- VIDEO: LOS ANGELES FATHER ACCUSED OF KILLING SON TO APPEAR IN COURT
- MAN JAILED WHEN DRYWALL POWDER IS MISTAKEN FOR COCAINE
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN