SANTA ROSA (BCN) — Santa Rosa police Wednesday arrested a Rio Nido man on suspicion of possessing two bicycles valued at $7,000 that were stolen from a south Santa Rosa residence Friday.
A neighbor’s video of the theft showed two male suspects removing the bicycles from the garage of the residence on Kawana Springs Road and loading them into a white, early 1990s Chevrolet Silverado single-cab pickup with a toolbox in the truck bed, Sgt. Marcus Sprague said.
Police tracked the truck to a residence on Canyon One Road in Rio Nido Wednesday and located 51-year-old Robert Hansen and the pickup truck, Sprague said.
Hansen is a repeat property crimes and narcotics offender with an extensive criminal history, and he had an outstanding warrant for his arrest, Sprague said.
During a search of the residence police and Sonoma County sheriff’s deputies found the two stolen bicycles and two more expensive bicycles they believe also were stolen.
Police returned the bicycles stolen from the Kawana Springs Road home to the owner, and information about the two other bicycles has been posted on the Santa Rosa Police Department’s Facebook page, Sprague said.
Hansen was arrested on suspicion of possession of stolen property and an outstanding warrant. He was booked in the Sonoma County Jail.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- HOUSE TO VOTE ON KATE’S LAW, SANCTUARY CITY BILL
- SAN RAFAEL MAN ARRESTED AFTER TRYING TO MOVE INTO HOUSE STILL FOR SALE
- FREMONT POLICE BELIEVE WOMAN MISSING SINCE 1989 WAS MURDERED
- SHOCKING VIDEO: PREGNANT WOMAN RUNS OVER SUSPECTED PURSE THIEF WITH SUV
- UMPIRE SAVES WOMAN ATTEMPTING SUICIDE
- WOMAN FACES MULTIPLE CHARGES AFTER GETTING PREGNANT BY 11-YEAR-OLD BOY
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN