UPDATE: A clarification to our original report:
Google has nothing to do with the transit center, it’s been in the works for some time with the Valley Transportation Authority, High Speed Rail, Caltrain and the City of San Jose. In approximately 7 years, BART will extend through downtown San Jose, to Diridon Station and on to Santa Clara. Plans call for High Speed Rail to go to Diridon, which already is a transit center including VTA light rail and bus, and Caltrain, AmTrak and other services. This information has been provided by VTA
SAN JOSE (KRON) — The skyline of San Jose could look a lot different in a few years.
Google is buying up a lot of land just west of the downtown area.
KRON4’s Tech Reporter Gabe Slate tells us what they’re up to.
Watch the above video to see Gabe’s full report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- OAKLAND POLICE OFFICER UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SEX AT HEADQUARTERS
- DOCTOR ACCUSED OF SEX HARASSMENT KILLS 1 AT NYC HOSPITAL
- KRON4 GOES WHALE WATCHING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY
- SURPRISE! SAN DIEGO SAILOR COMES HOME TO FIND WIFE 8 MONTHS PREGNANT
- WOMAN ACCUSED OF RUNNING OVER, KILLING FRIEND IN CAMPBELL
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN