PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A couple from California, who relocated to Portland 4 months ago, woke up Sunday to find their car and house vandalized.
Messages including “Get California out of Portland” and “Move back” were spray painted across the house and car of Jessica Faraday and Preston Page.
Their car was also keyed.
The couple filed a police report, however, they said they an idea of who may have tagged their property.
Jessica Faraday and Preston Page were backing out of their driveway Saturday and had a road rage incident with another driver in the Northeast Portland neighborhood. The driver began to yell at them, saying “go back to California.”
The couple said they assume the vandalism was in retaliation from Saturday’s incident.
Page told KOIN they have redone everything since moving in and had just repainted the outside of their home 2 weeks ago.
The neighborhood is relatively quiet and some neighbors have lived in the area for 20, 30 years, according to Page, so he was shocked to find their property vandalized.
Page said, “I’m definitely surprised someone would go this far.”
Despite the incident, the couple still loves Portland and is happy they’ve moved to the city.
“Portland is fantastic,” Page said. “You can’t argue with this place.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4THLIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- OAKLAND POLICE OFFICER UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SEX AT HEADQUARTERS
- MAN ARRESTED IN CONCORD HIT-AND-RUN CRASH THAT KILLED 2 CHILDREN
- IF YOU PURCHASED ELECTRONICS FROM 2000 TO 2011, YOU COULD BE OWED MONEY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES
- 4 TEENS ATTACK, ROB BART RIDER IN DUBLIN
- MAN DIES IN CRASH AFTER SPEEDING DOWN DALY CITY STREET