JACKSON, Miss (WJTV) — A 5-year-old Mississippi boy died Saturday morning after he shot himself in the face.
According to Jackson police, 5-year-old Jayden Pempleton died from an accidental self-inflicted gunshot wound to the face. There are no charges filed at this time.
The Jackson police department sent a tweet out at 12:30 PM Saturday about the incident, claiming that the cause could have been accidental.
The incident occurred at 3720 Cromwell Street in Jackson.
No word yet on whether or not the crime scene remains active.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4THLIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- OAKLAND POLICE OFFICER UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SEX AT HEADQUARTERS
- MAN ARRESTED IN CONCORD HIT-AND-RUN CRASH THAT KILLED 2 CHILDREN
- IF YOU PURCHASED ELECTRONICS FROM 2000 TO 2011, YOU COULD BE OWED MONEY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES
- 4 TEENS ATTACK, ROB BART RIDER IN DUBLIN
- MAN DIES IN CRASH AFTER SPEEDING DOWN DALY CITY STREET