SAN PABLO (KRON) — The person killed in one of two deadly crashes Monday morning in San Pablo has been identified as 25-year-old Lindche Tran of Richmond, according to Contra Costa Co. Coroner’s Office.
The accident happened around 4:04 a.m. on westbound Interstate 80, just west of El Portal Dr., according to California Highway Patrol.
Tran was driving a Honda Accord when she spun out and struck the center median, CHP Officer Matthew Hamer said.
The car came to a stop facing the wrong way and with its lights out.
As Tran was getting out of the car, a Dodge Charger approached and was unable to avoid hitting the car and Tran.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, Hamer said.
The two people inside the Dodge were taken to a hospital with minor injuries, he said.
CHP issued a traffic alert at 4:22 a.m.
By 4:35 a.m., officials announced that the entire westbound side of the freeway was shut down until further notice.
All traffic was diverted off to El Portal until the lanes reopened at 6:10 a.m.
The identity of the woman killed has not been released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- OAKLAND POLICE OFFICER UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SEX AT HEADQUARTERS
- DOCTOR ACCUSED OF SEX HARASSMENT KILLS 1 AT NYC HOSPITAL
- KRON4 GOES WHALE WATCHING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY
- SURPRISE! SAN DIEGO SAILOR COMES HOME TO FIND WIFE 8 MONTHS PREGNANT
- WOMAN ACCUSED OF RUNNING OVER, KILLING FRIEND IN CAMPBELL
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN