SAN PABLO (KRON) — All lanes of westbound Interstate 80 at San Pablo Dam Rd. in San Pablo are now open following a fatal collision Monday morning, according to California Highway Patrol officials.
The accident was first reported at 6:22 a.m. and involved a motorcycle and a big-rig. At least one person was killed, CHP officials said.
At 6:38 a.m. a traffic alert was issued because almost all lanes were blocked.
The big-rig fled the scene, according to a CHP report.
A check point has been set up in an attempt to find the big-rig driver.
Around 8:15 a.m. CHP reported all lanes reopened.
All lanes are now open
— CHP Oakland (@CHPoakland) July 3, 2017
There is still no word on the hit-and-run driver.
Further details are not yet available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- OAKLAND POLICE OFFICER UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SEX AT HEADQUARTERS
- DOCTOR ACCUSED OF SEX HARASSMENT KILLS 1 AT NYC HOSPITAL
- KRON4 GOES WHALE WATCHING IN THE SAN FRANCISCO BAY
- SURPRISE! SAN DIEGO SAILOR COMES HOME TO FIND WIFE 8 MONTHS PREGNANT
- WOMAN ACCUSED OF RUNNING OVER, KILLING FRIEND IN CAMPBELL
- DISTURBING VIDEO: MOM, DAUGHTER ATTACKED OVER COLD CHICKEN