SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A 27-year-old man was shot in the leg while lighting fireworks in San Francisco’s Visitacion Valley neighborhood on Saturday night, police said.
The shooting was reported around 10:00 p.m. in the area of Sunnydale Ave. and Hahn St.
The victim was with a group of people lighting fireworks when another group charged at them.
He started to run away when he realized he had been shot in the leg, according to police.
He was taken to a hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered life-threatening.
No arrests have been made in the shooting and no suspect information was immediately available.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department’s anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- OAKLAND POLICE OFFICER UNDER INVESTIGATION FOR SEX AT HEADQUARTERS
- MAN ARRESTED IN CONCORD HIT-AND-RUN CRASH THAT KILLED 2 CHILDREN
- IF YOU PURCHASED ELECTRONICS FROM 2000 TO 2011, YOU COULD BE OWED MONEY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES
- 4 TEENS ATTACK, ROB BART RIDER IN DUBLIN
- MAN DIES IN CRASH AFTER SPEEDING DOWN DALY CITY STREET