PETALUMA (KRON) — Police have recovered two kayaks found in an inaccessible and uninhabitable area of Petaluma.
Officers were on a routine patrol of the Petaluma River when they discovered two kayaks hidden in brush along the west bank.
The property where the kayaks were located is owned by the Sonoma County Water Agency and is unreachable and unsuitable for living in.
The first kayak is an 8-foot blue “Sun Dolphin.”
The second kayak is green and is also 8 feet.
Authorities say both kayaks have not been reported stolen.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED
- VIDEO: WOMAN KILLED IN SAN PABLO CAR CRASH IDENTIFIED
- MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN SAN PABLO HIT-AND-RUN CRASH
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 8 HOURS
- MAN KEPT WIFE’S BODY IN FREEZER FOR 8 YEARS TO COLLECT HER SOCIAL SECURITY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES