SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — While San Jose native Joey Chestnut was out winning the Nathans Famous hot dog eating contest, KRON4 had a miniature July 4th consumption competition of its own.
Anchor Darya Folsom and reporter Will Tran stuffed their faces in the spontaneous First Annual Banana Bite!
The two KRON4 heavyweights raced to see who could chow down a single banana the fastest.
Will was out a parade which gave him a slight disadvantage. The cue to begin eating was delayed for him, giving Darya about a three second head start.
Did it make a difference? Watch the video above to see who took home the first ever Banana Belt!
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED
- VIDEO: WOMAN KILLED IN SAN PABLO CAR CRASH IDENTIFIED
- MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN SAN PABLO HIT-AND-RUN CRASH
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 8 HOURS
- MAN KEPT WIFE’S BODY IN FREEZER FOR 8 YEARS TO COLLECT HER SOCIAL SECURITY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES