SAN JOSE (KRON) — San Jose police are investigating a murder that happened Monday evening near San Jose State University.
Around 5:07 p.m. officers responded to the 600 block of South 10th St. on a report of loud bangs coming from inside a home, according to police.
Officers found a woman suffering from at least one gunshot wound.
She was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
No suspects have been identified.
The motive for the shooting and the circumstances leading up to it are unknown at this time, police said.
The victim’s identity will not be released until it has been confirmed by the coroner’s office and her family is notified, police said.
This homicide remains under investigation.
Further details were not immediately available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED
- VIDEO: WOMAN KILLED IN SAN PABLO CAR CRASH IDENTIFIED
- MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN SAN PABLO HIT-AND-RUN CRASH
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 8 HOURS
- MAN KEPT WIFE’S BODY IN FREEZER FOR 8 YEARS TO COLLECT HER SOCIAL SECURITY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES