SAN JOSE (KRON)– A San Jose Earthquakes player nearly drowned while swimming in Lake Tahoe, according to a representative from the team.
Twenty-year-old Matheus Silva received life-saving resuscitation measures at the scene and was airlifted to a regional hospital in Reno.
Silva is in critical, but stable condition, a spokesperson said.
The midfielder is on loan with the Earthquakes’ United Soccer League affiliate Reno 1868 FC.
Silva is also the second youngest player on the team’s roster.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED
- VIDEO: WOMAN KILLED IN SAN PABLO CAR CRASH IDENTIFIED
- MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN SAN PABLO HIT-AND-RUN CRASH
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 8 HOURS
- MAN KEPT WIFE’S BODY IN FREEZER FOR 8 YEARS TO COLLECT HER SOCIAL SECURITY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES