DANVILLE (KRON) — Competition is fierce when it comes to getting a spot for the 4th of July parade in Danville.
KRON4’s Lydia Pantazes is there now.
She says people set out to stake their claim along San Ramon Valley Blvd. as early as 6:00 p.m. last night.
The event attracts about 40-thousand people every year, which means people are getting craft with their seat-saving methods.
— Lydia Pantazes (@LydiaPantazes) July 4, 2017
The parade starts at 9:00 a.m. at the intersection of Hartz and Railroad Avenue and ends at the corner of San Ramon Valley Blvd.
Different bands, gymnasts, horses, antique cars, scouts, and other community organizations are featured in this year’s celebration.
KRON4 Morning News will have live coverage of the parade on air and online, HERE.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED
- VIDEO: WOMAN KILLED IN SAN PABLO CAR CRASH IDENTIFIED
- MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN SAN PABLO HIT-AND-RUN CRASH
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 8 HOURS
- MAN KEPT WIFE’S BODY IN FREEZER FOR 8 YEARS TO COLLECT HER SOCIAL SECURITY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES