LAS VEGAS (WFLA) – A woman is being called brave on social media after abandoning her 3-month-old puppy in an airport bathroom with just a note.
The woman said she was the victim of domestic abuse and couldn’t afford to keep the dog.
Hi! I’m Chewy – My owner was in an abusive relationship and couldn’t afford me to get on the flight. She didn’t want to leave me with all her heart but she has NO other option. My ex-boyfriend kicked my dog when we were fighting and he has a big knot on his head. He probably needs a vet. I love Chewy sooo much. Please love and take care of him. XOXOXOXO.
The miniature Chihuahua was left in Las Vegas’ McCarran International Airport and then given to Connor and Millie’s Dog Rescue CMDR. The rescue group has been updating Chewy’s condition on Facebook and encouraging people to help their other pets.
“We took in 8 dogs and 6 need surgery from dentals, eye, mass removal, and spay. That doesn’t include the 2 owner surrenders and Chewy. Funds are needed I’m amazed myself how we manage.”
The group has gotten requests from all over the country to adopt Chewy.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN WHO KILLED ANTIOCH GAS STATION CLERK DURING ROBBERY FOUND DEAD
- 20-YEAR-OLD WOMAN SHOT, KILLED IN SAN JOSE IDENTIFIED
- NEW VIDEO RELEASED OF ASIANA PLANE CRASH
- YOUNG NEWARK MAN BADLY INJURES HAND IN FIREWORKS ACCIDENT
- 7 ARRESTED AFTER FIGHT BREAKS OUT AT ALAMEDA COUNTY FAIR
- WOMAN SLAPS STORE EMPLOYEE FOR REFUSING TO ACCEPT RETURN
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED