SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The baggage claim area at Terminal 1 of the San Francisco International Airport was evacuated Wednesday due to a suspicious package.
The suspicious package in Terminal 1 has been cleared and the baggage claim area has reopened, according to police.
The report came in around 11:45 a.m., and airport officials evacuated part of Terminal 1.
The San Francisco Police Department’s bomb squad determined that there was no threat by around 1 p.m., according to Officer Giselle Talkoff.
The suspicious package may have been a forgotten carry-on bag, Talkoff said.
— Chuck Clifford (@chuckclifford) July 5, 2017
Suspicious package in T1 has been cleared by SFPD. T1 baggage claim area now reopen.
— flySFO (@flySFO) July 5, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN WHO KILLED ANTIOCH GAS STATION CLERK DURING ROBBERY FOUND DEAD
- WARRIORS’ SIGN NICK YOUNG TO 1-YEAR, $5.2 MILLION DEAL
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED
- VIDEO: WOMAN KILLED IN SAN PABLO CAR CRASH IDENTIFIED
- MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN SAN PABLO HIT-AND-RUN CRASH
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 8 HOURS
- MAN KEPT WIFE’S BODY IN FREEZER FOR 8 YEARS TO COLLECT HER SOCIAL SECURITY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES