OAKLAND (KRON) — We’re already at the midway point of the baseball season, as the All-Star game is coming up next week.
For the San Francisco Giants, Buster Posey will be making his fifth All-Star appearance. He’s hitting .332, with 10 home runs and 35 RBI.
Posey will start the All-Star Game as the catcher for the National League.
And across the Bay, the Oakland A’s representative is new to the festivities.
First baseman Yonder Alonso is the only All-Star for the green and gold.
And it’s a special achievement for the longtime major leaguer.
KRON4 Sports Reporter Mark Carpenter has his story.
Watch the above video to see Mark’s full report.
The All-Star game is Tuesday in Miami.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN WHO KILLED ANTIOCH GAS STATION CLERK DURING ROBBERY FOUND DEAD
- 20-YEAR-OLD WOMAN SHOT, KILLED IN SAN JOSE IDENTIFIED
- NEW VIDEO RELEASED OF ASIANA PLANE CRASH
- YOUNG NEWARK MAN BADLY INJURES HAND IN FIREWORKS ACCIDENT
- 7 ARRESTED AFTER FIGHT BREAKS OUT AT ALAMEDA COUNTY FAIR
- WOMAN SLAPS STORE EMPLOYEE FOR REFUSING TO ACCEPT RETURN
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED