MASSACHUSETTS (KRON) — One man is dead after a boating accident in Massachusetts on the evening of 4th of July.
The man was in his 40’s, according to officials.
His full identity was not released.
The man reportedly was not wearing a flotation device when his canoe tipped over in Lake Hiawatha.
Apparently he wasn’t able to swim, fire officials said.
The body was recovered shortly before midnight about 100-feet away from the shoreline.
An investigation is underway.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- JULY 4TH LIVE: FIREWORKS AROUND THE BAY AREA
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED
- VIDEO: WOMAN KILLED IN SAN PABLO CAR CRASH IDENTIFIED
- MOTORCYCLIST KILLED IN SAN PABLO HIT-AND-RUN CRASH
- BABY DIES AFTER BEING LEFT IN HOT CAR FOR 8 HOURS
- MAN KEPT WIFE’S BODY IN FREEZER FOR 8 YEARS TO COLLECT HER SOCIAL SECURITY
- TEEN BECOMES MILLIONAIRE AFTER PUTTING AIR IN TIRES