REDDING, Calif. (AP) — A Northern California doctor has been arrested on suspicion of sexual abusing eight minors, some of whom were his patients.
Redding police said Thursday that Dr. Benjamin Shettell has been booked on suspicion of sexually abusing victims ranging in age from six to 17, and they expect more may come forward.
Redding police say they searched Shettell’s office, home and a storage unit, and found child pornography.
He is one of the owners of Fusion Health Care and Silhouette Medspa in Redding, a city of about 90,000 people about 150 miles north of Sacramento.
His arrest comes after another California doctor, a brain surgeon from Santa Cruz, was arrested on similar suspicions. Dr. James Kohut has been charged with 11 counts of sexually abusing children under the age of 14.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: MOTHER OF KIDS KILLED IN HIT-AND-RUN EMOTIONAL AS SUSPECT CHARGED
- RICHMOND POLICE SEARCHING FOR MISSING 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL
- DOG ATTACK ON 7-YEAR-OLD BOY CAUGHT ON CAMERA
- MOM FORCED TO GIVE UP SON’S SEAT ON UNITED AIRLINES FLIGHT
- MAN SAYS HE WAS FIRED FOR DOING A GOOD DEED
- KIDNAPPING CAUGHT ON CAMERA IN LOS ANGELES
- COUPLE ACCUSED OF ASSAULT OVER COLD CHICKEN ORDER IN CUSTODY