ANTIOCH (KRON) — A toddler died Wednesday night after drowning in an Antioch swimming pool.
At 7:20 p.m., someone called 911 to report that the child had been found in a pool at a home in the 4000 block of Rocky Point Drive, according to police.
CPR instructions were given to the caller while police and emergency medical personnel were sent to the home. They arrived within minutes of the 911 call, police said.
The 3-year-old was transported to a local hospital where life-saving efforts failed to revive the child.
The toddler has been identified as Chinweike Anwukah, according to the Contra Costa County coroner’s office.
According to police, based on preliminary information the incident was an accident.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- MAN WHO KILLED ANTIOCH GAS STATION CLERK DURING ROBBERY FOUND DEAD
- 20-YEAR-OLD WOMAN SHOT, KILLED IN SAN JOSE IDENTIFIED
- NEW VIDEO RELEASED OF ASIANA PLANE CRASH
- YOUNG NEWARK MAN BADLY INJURES HAND IN FIREWORKS ACCIDENT
- 7 ARRESTED AFTER FIGHT BREAKS OUT AT ALAMEDA COUNTY FAIR
- WOMAN SLAPS STORE EMPLOYEE FOR REFUSING TO ACCEPT RETURN
- ‘GO BACK TO CALIFORNIA’: COUPLE’S CAR, HOUSE VANDALIZED