SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Crews have rescued a worker from a scaffold that was dangling from a high-rise condo under construction in downtown Sarasota.
The scaffold was 140 feet high and was on the side of an 18-story condo complex in the 600 block of South Palm Avenue.
A motor on the left side of the scaffold became engaged and construction workers could not get it to shut off.
A firefighter was lowered from the roof of the condo down to the scaffold. He then attached a safety harness to the worker and the pair was lowered to safety.
No other details have been released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- SACRAMENTO TEEN WINS LOTTERY TWICE IN A WEEK
- FEDS ARRIVE IN OAKLAND TO INVESTIGATE CONSTRUCTION FIRE
- 19-YEAR-OLD OAKLAND MAN DROWNS IN RUSSIAN RIVER
- JACKPOT: WINNING LOTTERY TICKET PURCHASED IN CONCORD
- GROOMSMAN JAILED IN SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 15-YEAR-OLD BRIDESMAID
- WOMAN KILLED, 8 WOUNDED IN MASS SHOOTING AT GENDER REVEAL PARTY