DECATUR, Georgia (KRON) — A police internal investigation into a Georgia use-of-force complaint has been reopened after video of the incident came to light and went viral on social media.
Cellphone video shows a DeKalb County police officer beating a homeless woman with a baton inside the store.
It happened on Jun. 4 but the video is now being released. The incident report said Katie McRary was questioned by police after begging customers for money at the store.
And that’s when she allegedly pushed the responding officer at the scene.
DeKalb police have now reopened an investigation into the incident.
McCrary is currently in jail for an unrelated prostitution charge.
The name of the officer has not been made public.
- POLICE: 2 ARRESTED FOR MURDER OF SAN JOSE TEEN
- $110K REWARD FOR INFO ON POKEMON GO KILLING
- SACRAMENTO TEEN WINS LOTTERY TWICE IN A WEEK
- FEDS ARRIVE IN OAKLAND TO INVESTIGATE CONSTRUCTION FIRE
- JACKPOT: WINNING LOTTERY TICKET PURCHASED IN CONCORD
- GROOMSMAN JAILED IN SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 15-YEAR-OLD BRIDESMAID
- WOMAN KILLED, 8 WOUNDED IN MASS SHOOTING AT GENDER REVEAL PARTY