SAN LEANDRO (KRON) — A 2-alarm fire is burning at a San Leandro salvage yard on Tuesday afternoon.
The fire, which started at 4:29 p.m., is burning at Doolittle Road and Eden Road at ALCO Metals near the Oakland International Airport.
A shelter-in-place has been issued for homes west of I-880 between Davis Street and Fairway.
The blaze is causing heaving smoke the area.
Fire officials are using a drone to check for hotspots, Radecke said.
Drivers were asked to avoid the area.
No injuries were reported.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
— Alameda County Fire (@AlamedaCoFire) July 12, 2017
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- GREAT WHITE SHARK ATTACKS KAYAK IN SANTA CRUZ
- AIR CANADA PLANE AVOIDS TRAGIC MISTAKE AT SFO
- GIRL DIES IN BATHTUB AFTER BEING ELECTROCUTED BY CELLPHONE
- VIDEO: BEACHGOERS FORM HUMAN CHAIN TO RESCUE DROWNING FAMILY
- TEEN GIRL DIED FROM PLAYING ‘BLUE WHALE’ SUICIDE GAME, FAMILY SAYS
- MOM WALKS IN ON SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 10-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER