Video courtesy of CNN
FLORIDA (KRON) — Video shows a woman in Florida shaken up after lightning struck nearby as she walked into work.
The bolt came down about a hundred yards away, according to police.
However, even indirect lightning strikes can cause injuries, a fire official said.
The powerful strikes can disrupting heart rhythm and cardiovascular functioning.
Even being about football field away from the strike, the woman says she felt the shock, describing it as a burning sensation.
She was briefly hospitalized, released, and is now feeling better.
- POLICE: 2 ARRESTED FOR MURDER OF SAN JOSE TEEN
- $110K REWARD FOR INFO ON POKEMON GO KILLING
- SACRAMENTO TEEN WINS LOTTERY TWICE IN A WEEK
- FEDS ARRIVE IN OAKLAND TO INVESTIGATE CONSTRUCTION FIRE
- JACKPOT: WINNING LOTTERY TICKET PURCHASED IN CONCORD
- GROOMSMAN JAILED IN SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 15-YEAR-OLD BRIDESMAID
- WOMAN KILLED, 8 WOUNDED IN MASS SHOOTING AT GENDER REVEAL PARTY