OAKLAND (KRON) — A massive fire destroyed a construction site in Oakland last Friday and KRON4’s drone, QuadCopter4, got a birds-eye view of the damage on Tuesday.
The fire broke out at around 4:30 a.m. at 23rd and Valdez streets, just two blocks away from the Grand Ave. side of Lake Merritt.
The construction site was a huge project that was supposed to hold 200 apartments and 31,000 square feet of retail space.
A few hours into the fire, a significant part of the building collapsed. The fire was under control by 8 a.m.
Here’s a look at the damage:
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- GREAT WHITE SHARK ATTACKS KAYAK IN SANTA CRUZ
- AIR CANADA PLANE AVOIDS TRAGIC MISTAKE AT SFO
- GIRL DIES IN BATHTUB AFTER BEING ELECTROCUTED BY CELLPHONE
- VIDEO: BEACHGOERS FORM HUMAN CHAIN TO RESCUE DROWNING FAMILY
- TEEN GIRL DIED FROM PLAYING ‘BLUE WHALE’ SUICIDE GAME, FAMILY SAYS
- MOM WALKS IN ON SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 10-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER