SAN BRUNO, Calif. (AP) — Move over, “Gangnam Style.” YouTube has a new top-viewed video of all time.
Wiz Khalifa’s video for “See You Again” featuring Charlie Puth is now the site’s most-watched video, with more than 2.896 billion views Tuesday. That’s about 2 million more than the video for Korean rapper Psy’s 2012 smash “Gangnam Style.”Justin Bieber’s “Sorry” sits in third place, more than 250 million views behind the leaders.
Puth reacted with surprise on Twitter , noting that he joined YouTube in 2007 hoping to make a video that would hit 10,000 views.
Puth also earned a congratulatory message from YouTube star Tyler Oakley, who called the feat “legendary & epic.”
“See You Again” was released in 2015 as a tribute to late “Fast and the Furious” star Paul Walker.
- POLICE: 2 ARRESTED FOR MURDER OF SAN JOSE TEEN
- $110K REWARD FOR INFO ON POKEMON GO KILLING
- SACRAMENTO TEEN WINS LOTTERY TWICE IN A WEEK
- FEDS ARRIVE IN OAKLAND TO INVESTIGATE CONSTRUCTION FIRE
- JACKPOT: WINNING LOTTERY TICKET PURCHASED IN CONCORD
- GROOMSMAN JAILED IN SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 15-YEAR-OLD BRIDESMAID
- WOMAN KILLED, 8 WOUNDED IN MASS SHOOTING AT GENDER REVEAL PARTY