SAN RAMON (BCN) — A masked man stole opioids at gunpoint from a pharmacy in San Ramon Wednesday morning, according to police.
The suspect walked into a Walgreens at 21001 San Ramon Valley Blvd. at 8:03 a.m.
He went directly to the pharmacy counter and presented the employee with a semi-automatic handgun and a note demanding Buprenorphine, police said.
The drug is used to treat opioid addiction and pain.
The suspect took several bottles, valued at more than $300, before leaving the store and fleeing on foot.
He was described as a man in his 20s, roughly 190 to 200 pounds, standing 5 feet 7 inches or 5 feet 8 inches tall. He was wearing black pants, white shoes, a dark sweatshirt and a gray beanie as well as a blue surgical mask over his face.
Anyone with additional information is asked to call the San Ramon Police Department at (925) 973-2700.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: RATS INVADE RESTAURANTS IN DALY CITY STRIP MALL
- SAN JOSE MURDER SUSPECT ARRESTED AT MEXICO BORDER
- VIDEO: POLICE, SKATEBOARDERS CLASH AT DOLORES PARK
- GREAT WHITE SHARK ATTACKS KAYAK IN SANTA CRUZ
- PARENTS TAUNTED MALNOURISHED GIRL BEFORE HER DEATH, POLICE SAY
- MOM WANTS APOLOGY OVER MCDONALD’S SLIDE COVERED IN POOP