TEXAS (KRON)– A Texas family warned parents about the dangers of using smartphones near water after the tragic death of a 14-year-old girl.
Madison Coe, was relaxing in the bathtub when she went to grab her cell phone that was charging.
According to investigators, the phone slipped out of her hands and into the tub, which caused her to be electrocuted to death.
Coe’s family said the accident is something that could happen to anyone and are spreading the word to make sure it doesn’t happen again.
Officials said the teen was using a Samsung 6 Edge Plus.
The phone was plugged into an extension cord, so it was able to reach the bathtub while charging.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- GREAT WHITE SHARK ATTACKS KAYAK IN SANTA CRUZ
- AIR CANADA PLANE AVOIDS TRAGIC MISTAKE AT SFO
- GIRL DIES IN BATHTUB AFTER BEING ELECTROCUTED BY CELLPHONE
- VIDEO: BEACHGOERS FORM HUMAN CHAIN TO RESCUE DROWNING FAMILY
- TEEN GIRL DIED FROM PLAYING ‘BLUE WHALE’ SUICIDE GAME, FAMILY SAYS
- MOM WALKS IN ON SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 10-YEAR-OLD DAUGHTER