MARIN COUNTY (KRON) — A 35-acre brush wildfire is burning in Marin County near Petaluma on Wednesday afternoon, firefighters said.
The fire is burning in the area of Hicks Valley, near the intersection of Point Reyes-Petaluma Road and Novato Boulevard.
Smoke can be seen from Novato and San Rafael, the California Highway Patrol said.
About 90 firefighters are battling the fire.
There are no road closures, but the CHP is asking people to avoid the area.
The fire is fully contained.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: RATS INVADE RESTAURANTS IN DALY CITY STRIP MALL
- SAN JOSE MURDER SUSPECT ARRESTED AT MEXICO BORDER
- VIDEO: POLICE, SKATEBOARDERS CLASH AT DOLORES PARK
- GREAT WHITE SHARK ATTACKS KAYAK IN SANTA CRUZ
- PARENTS TAUNTED MALNOURISHED GIRL BEFORE HER DEATH, POLICE SAY
- MOM WANTS APOLOGY OVER MCDONALD’S SLIDE COVERED IN POOP