SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The annual Cable Car Bell Ringing Contest was held on Thursday in San Francisco.
This contest dates back to the 1950s.
Cable car conductors, crew members, and some amateurs gather each year in Union Square to show off their bell ringing skills.
This year, KRON4’s Stanley Roberts got to participate as a judge, along with some city officials.
The contestants compete for prizes, trophies and of course, bragging rights.
This year’s winner is six-time champion bell ringer Byron Cobb.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 1 DEAD AFTER SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- WATCH: HOMEOWNER STOPS PACKAGE THEFT IN SAN JOSE
- MAN ACCUSED OF MOLESTING YOUNG GIRL AT CONCORD LAUNDROMAT
- ATTORNEY: JAILED MAN CONFESSED TO KILLING 4 PENNSYLVANIA MEN
- MAN TRAPPED IN ATM SLIPS NOTES TO CUSTOMERS BEGGING FOR HELP
- TYPO IN WENDY’S RESTAURANT SIGN IS DIVINE COMEDY
- VIDEO: RATS INVADE RESTAURANTS IN DALY CITY STRIP MALL