Man hospitalized with facial burns after suspected hash oil explosion

FILE

HAZEL DELL, Wash. (AP) — A man has been hospitalized after suffering burns from an explosion that fire officials suspect was caused by an attempt to extract hash oil at his apartment.

The Columbian reports the man suffered burns to his face and hands and remained intubated and sedated on Thursday in a Portland hospital’s burn center.

Clark County Deputy Fire Marshal Dan Young says that when the 40-year-old man lit a cigarette in his apartment on Sunday, it exploded some butane and propane vapors.

Young says the vapors were suspected to have come from the marijuana extraction process used to produce hash oil.

Young said the fire was put out by sprinklers.

WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:

 >> MORE TOP STORIES

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s