BERKELEY (KRON) — A five-year-old girl who went missing after her mother took her in Berkeley on Friday has been found safe, according to Berkeley Police Department.
Around 11:29 Saturday morning Berkeley PD was contacted by the Pittsburg Police Department.
Pittsburg PD informed them that 34-year-old Laquita Davis was in custody and that officers had safely recovered her 5-year-old daughter, Malayia Booker.
Her mother, who is described by police as having a “diminished capacity,” took her from the 1500 block of Prince St. around 3:15 p.m. Friday.
No details about how the girl was found were immediately made available.
Stay with KRON4 for updates.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 1 DEAD AFTER SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- WATCH: HOMEOWNER STOPS PACKAGE THEFT IN SAN JOSE
- MAN ACCUSED OF MOLESTING YOUNG GIRL AT CONCORD LAUNDROMAT
- ATTORNEY: JAILED MAN CONFESSED TO KILLING 4 PENNSYLVANIA MEN
- MAN TRAPPED IN ATM SLIPS NOTES TO CUSTOMERS BEGGING FOR HELP
- TYPO IN WENDY’S RESTAURANT SIGN IS DIVINE COMEDY
- VIDEO: RATS INVADE RESTAURANTS IN DALY CITY STRIP MALL