Video courtesy of CNN.
MARYLAND (KRON) – A circus worker is recovering from series injuries after being attacked by a camel in Maryland on Friday.
The incident happened at the Charles County Fairgrounds, where the camel was supposed to perform in a circus.
The camel was in a trailer when it attacked the man.
Due to severe bite wounds and head injuries, the man had to be airlifted to a hospital.
Officials say the injuries are not life-threatening.
It turns out the circus did not have a permit.
All performances have now been cancelled.
CNN contributed to this article.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 1 DEAD AFTER SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- WATCH: HOMEOWNER STOPS PACKAGE THEFT IN SAN JOSE
- MAN ACCUSED OF MOLESTING YOUNG GIRL AT CONCORD LAUNDROMAT
- ATTORNEY: JAILED MAN CONFESSED TO KILLING 4 PENNSYLVANIA MEN
- MAN TRAPPED IN ATM SLIPS NOTES TO CUSTOMERS BEGGING FOR HELP
- TYPO IN WENDY’S RESTAURANT SIGN IS DIVINE COMEDY
- VIDEO: RATS INVADE RESTAURANTS IN DALY CITY STRIP MALL