Video courtesy of CNN.
GREEN BAY (KRON) – Twin sisters from Wisconsin are taking a brave stand, with their lemonade stand.
Ten-year-olds Ireland and Isabella Kirkpatrick are combating bullying by selling their homemade lemonade.
The girls are donating all of their proceeds to Stand for the Silent, a bullying awareness group they learned about from their mother Tracy.
“”We have had issues with my son being bullied previously, and when I went on their website and kind of took a look at what they do, it meant a lot to me that they’re willing to give up their time and put forth so much effort to try to help other kids,” Tracy said.
The Kirkpatrick twins received t-shirts after donating their allowances to the cause.
Now they hope selling lemonade will raise enough money to bring the anti-bullying message to their local schools.
“[We’re] hoping to raise at least a thousand dollars,” the girls said. “We have about a hundred so far.”
CNN contributed to this article.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 1 DEAD AFTER SMALL PLANE CRASHES IN SONOMA COUNTY
- WATCH: HOMEOWNER STOPS PACKAGE THEFT IN SAN JOSE
- MAN ACCUSED OF MOLESTING YOUNG GIRL AT CONCORD LAUNDROMAT
- ATTORNEY: JAILED MAN CONFESSED TO KILLING 4 PENNSYLVANIA MEN
- MAN TRAPPED IN ATM SLIPS NOTES TO CUSTOMERS BEGGING FOR HELP
- TYPO IN WENDY’S RESTAURANT SIGN IS DIVINE COMEDY
- VIDEO: RATS INVADE RESTAURANTS IN DALY CITY STRIP MALL