HAYWARD (BCN)–A Hayward teenager who was struck and killed by an Amtrak train Friday has been identified as 18-year-old Isaac Andino, according to the Alameda County coroner’s bureau.
At approximately 1:10 p.m. Friday, an Amtrak train struck a pedestrian on the tracks in Hayward, Amtrak spokesman MikeTolbert said.
None of the 58 passengers or crew members was injured, according to Tolbert.
Hayward police and fire officials came to the scene to investigate the accident, Tolbert said. The train was held for two hours and 50 minutes until the authorities released it to continue to Oakland.
Passengers continuing to Sacramento were transferred to another train, Tolbert said.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHP: WRONG WAY DRIVER CAUSED HWY4 CRASH THAT INJURED MULTIPLE PEOPLE
- AT LEAST 4 DEAD IN FLASH FLOODS AT ARIZONA SWIMMING HOLE
- CANCELED $30K WEDDING BECOMES DINNER FOR HOMELESS
- MISSING HAYWARD TEEN FOUND DEAD
- DAVID’S BRIDAL OFFERS DISCOUNTS FOR BRIDES-TO-BE
- ARMY VETERAN’S DYING WISH IS A CALL OR TEXT FROM YOU
- DAD, MOM, GRANDMA ACCUSED OF STARVING GIRL TO DEATH