MORAGA (KRON) — Crews will begin repair work Monday morning on a sinkhole that has been a problem in Moraga for over a year.
The sinkhole is located at Rheem Blvd. at Center St. near Moraga Rd.
The two-lane section of Rheem Blvd. in this area will be closed until Oct. 7, 2017, when repairs are expected to finish.
KRON4’s Lydia Pantazes is at the site.
She says crews are even going to work Saturdays and extended hours to help complete the project before the rainy season starts.
The sinkhole formed in March 2016.
The town approved a $3.3 million budget to fix to the sinkhole in May of 2016, but repairs were delayed following some red tape in the federal aid funding approval process.
Now that the repair work is finally underway, have patience driving through the area.
Watch out for lane closures and detours.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHP: WRONG WAY DRIVER CAUSED HWY4 CRASH THAT INJURED MULTIPLE PEOPLE
- AT LEAST 4 DEAD IN FLASH FLOODS AT ARIZONA SWIMMING HOLE
- CANCELED $30K WEDDING BECOMES DINNER FOR HOMELESS
- MISSING HAYWARD TEEN FOUND DEAD
- DAVID’S BRIDAL OFFERS DISCOUNTS FOR BRIDES-TO-BE
- ARMY VETERAN’S DYING WISH IS A CALL OR TEXT FROM YOU
- DAD, MOM, GRANDMA ACCUSED OF STARVING GIRL TO DEATH