TOMALES BAY (KRON) — A boater has gone missing in Marin County’s Tomales Bay on Tuesday afternoon.
Three rescue watercraft are searching for the person who went missing at around 3:13 p.m.
The emergency call was placed by an employee of the Hog Island Oyster Company in Marshall.
The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office, California Highway Patrol, and U.S. Coast Guard helicopters are all searching for the person.
Authorities found a motorboat going around in circles without anyone inside, officials said.
The man missing has been identified as a 70-year-old employee of the Tomales Bay Oyster Co.
He was by himself and not wearing a life jacket, officials said.
Stay with KRON4 for updates on this breaking news story on-air, online, and on the KRON4 app.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TRIAL SET FOR 3 ACCUSED OF KILLING MILLBRAE MAN KEITH GREEN
- MOB OF 10 ATTACKS, ROBS PASSENGER ON MUNI BUS
- EVACUATIONS UNDERWAY DUE TO WILDFIRE NEAR YOSEMITE
- MAN DROWNS WHILE RESCUING KIDS FROM SAN JOSE’S COYOTE CREEK
- COYOTE SNATCHES FAMILY DOG FROM SAN FRANCISCO PORCH
- MOM WITH NEWBORN WHO DIED OF MENINGITIS: DON’T LET ANYONE KISS YOUR BABY