SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — A popular social media app used by teens now has a new “Find Your Friends on a Map” feature that could be broadcasting your child’s location at all times.
KRON4’s Tech Reporter Gabe Slate tells us what some privacy and parent advocacy groups want parents to know about this.
Watch the above video to see Gabe’s full report.
9 Social Media Red Flags Parents Should Know About
Snapchat parent advice:
Christine Elgersma, Senior Editor, Parent Education, Common Sense Media – @Chrissy4kids
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TRIAL SET FOR 3 ACCUSED OF KILLING MILLBRAE MAN KEITH GREEN
- MOB OF 10 ATTACKS, ROBS PASSENGER ON MUNI BUS
- EVACUATIONS UNDERWAY DUE TO WILDFIRE NEAR YOSEMITE
- MAN DROWNS WHILE RESCUING KIDS FROM SAN JOSE’S COYOTE CREEK
- COYOTE SNATCHES FAMILY DOG FROM SAN FRANCISCO PORCH
- MOM WITH NEWBORN WHO DIED OF MENINGITIS: DON’T LET ANYONE KISS YOUR BABY