SAN FRANCISCO (KRON)–Experts are warning flip-flop wearers of the permanent damage the shoes can cause.
According to officials, Walking in flip-flops can alter your natural stride, resulting in shin splints, Achilles tendon problems, and lower back pain.
Thos who wear the shoes too often might experience soreness, chafing, and blisters.
Doctors advise people to only wear flip-flops for a short period of time and to purchase those that have arch support along with a cushioned sole.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TRIAL SET FOR 3 ACCUSED OF KILLING MILLBRAE MAN KEITH GREEN
- MOB OF 10 ATTACKS, ROBS PASSENGER ON MUNI BUS
- EVACUATIONS UNDERWAY DUE TO WILDFIRE NEAR YOSEMITE
- MAN DROWNS WHILE RESCUING KIDS FROM SAN JOSE’S COYOTE CREEK
- COYOTE SNATCHES FAMILY DOG FROM SAN FRANCISCO PORCH
- MOM WITH NEWBORN WHO DIED OF MENINGITIS: DON’T LET ANYONE KISS YOUR BABY