MARIN COUNTY (BCN) — The Marin County Sheriff’s Office has identified Tomales Bay Oyster Co. owner 70-year-old Charles “Tod” Friend of Oakland as the boater who went missing in Tomales Bay Tuesday.
Investigators believe Friend fell off the boat, according to the sheriff’s office.
Friend is listed on the Tomales Bay Oyster Co. website and in government documents as the company’s owner.
He was reported missing around 3:15 p.m. Tuesday after the Marin County Fire Department received an emergency call from an employee at the Hog Island Oyster Company in Marshall.
The employee said their boat was near Friend’s vessel when they saw it going in circles.
The search Wednesday includes the Marin County Sheriff’s Office dive team, Search and Rescue Team, National Park Service, and U.S. Coast Guard.
Sheriff’s officials said Friend is well known and loved in west Marin County.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- POLICE: 2 ARRESTED FOR MURDER OF SAN JOSE TEEN
- $110K REWARD FOR INFO ON POKEMON GO KILLING
- SACRAMENTO TEEN WINS LOTTERY TWICE IN A WEEK
- FEDS ARRIVE IN OAKLAND TO INVESTIGATE CONSTRUCTION FIRE
- JACKPOT: WINNING LOTTERY TICKET PURCHASED IN CONCORD
- GROOMSMAN JAILED IN SEXUAL ASSAULT OF 15-YEAR-OLD BRIDESMAID
- WOMAN KILLED, 8 WOUNDED IN MASS SHOOTING AT GENDER REVEAL PARTY