ANTIOCH (KRON)–Investigators in Antioch are searching for a possible arsonist after five fires broke out early Wednesday morning.
The blazes were all within one mile of each other and firefighters were able to extinguish the flames before any nearby structures were damaged.
One fire broke out next to the Antioch United Methodist Church and the flames came within a few feet of the building.
According to officials, the fires are being called suspicious because of the proximity and time frame each blaze started.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TRIAL SET FOR 3 ACCUSED OF KILLING MILLBRAE MAN KEITH GREEN
- MOB OF 10 ATTACKS, ROBS PASSENGER ON MUNI BUS
- EVACUATIONS UNDERWAY DUE TO WILDFIRE NEAR YOSEMITE
- MAN DROWNS WHILE RESCUING KIDS FROM SAN JOSE’S COYOTE CREEK
- COYOTE SNATCHES FAMILY DOG FROM SAN FRANCISCO PORCH
- MOM WITH NEWBORN WHO DIED OF MENINGITIS: DON’T LET ANYONE KISS YOUR BABY