SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) — The woman accused of kidnapping a baby over the weekend near a San Francisco park will not face any charges.
The incident happened at Colombia Park in the South of Market neighborhood on Sunday.
Originally, police said the baby girl was taken from her father’s car when he turned away to make a bottle.
The father had picked up the woman on Sixth Street. The father then drove the woman somewhere else, where the two were in the car for a period.
The father then left the car, leaving the baby in the car with the woman.
After a period of time, the woman left and took the baby with her.
The woman accused of taking the child was found about an hour later on a Muni bus with the baby in her arms.
The child was unharmed.
The woman is under felony probation from Contra Costa County.
Sources tell KRON4 that the woman will not face any charges in this case.
The case is still under investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- TRIAL SET FOR 3 ACCUSED OF KILLING MILLBRAE MAN KEITH GREEN
- MOB OF 10 ATTACKS, ROBS PASSENGER ON MUNI BUS
- EVACUATIONS UNDERWAY DUE TO WILDFIRE NEAR YOSEMITE
- MAN DROWNS WHILE RESCUING KIDS FROM SAN JOSE’S COYOTE CREEK
- COYOTE SNATCHES FAMILY DOG FROM SAN FRANCISCO PORCH
- MOM WITH NEWBORN WHO DIED OF MENINGITIS: DON’T LET ANYONE KISS YOUR BABY