TOMALES BAY (KRON) — The body of a Tomales Bay boater who has been missing for almost a week has been found, according to Tomales Bay Oyster Company.
70-year-old Charles “Tod” Friend went missing around 3:15 p.m. last Tuesday.
Authorities found a motorboat going around in circles without anyone inside, officials said.
The Sonoma County Sheriff’s Office, California Highway Patrol, and U.S. Coast Guard aided in the search.
Friend was the owner of Tomales Bay Oyster Co.
In a Facebook post, the company confirmed that his body was found.
He was “brought to shore surrounded by those who love him,” the company said in a statement.
“We are deeply saddened by his loss but also heartened by the outpouring of love from all of our extended family and friends.”
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- HAYWARD MAN SHOT, KILLED WHILE PUSHING BABY IN STROLLER ID’D
- THE JUICE WILL BE LOOSE: O.J. SIMPSON GRANTED PAROLE
- LINKIN PARK SINGER CHESTER BENNINGTON DIES OF APPARENT SUICIDE
- POLICE: WOMAN ARRESTED AFTER $2M IN LIQUID METH FOUND IN CAR
- FAMILY SAYS PREMATURE BABY BEING HELD ‘MEDICAL HOSTAGE’
- PEOPLE BEHAVING BADLY: PACIFICA DRIVER CRACKDOWN