SUNNYVALE (BCN) — A 13-year-old girl died Thursday afternoon after a car struck her in Sunnyvale, according to Department of Public Safety officials.
She has been identified as Margret Bosch of Sunnyvale.
At 12:14 p.m., someone flagged down an officer saying that a crash involving a pedestrian had just occurred on Fremont Avenue west of Manet Drive.
The pedestrian, a juvenile, was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead. Her identity has not been released.
The driver of the car that struck her remained at the scene and is cooperating with the investigation. It does not appear as if drugs or alcohol were involved, public safety officials said.
The crash closed a portion of Fremont Avenue, but the street was reopened at about 3 p.m.
The crash remains under ingestion and anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the Investigator Dzanh Le at (408) 730-7109.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- ‘FIRE BALL’ RIDES IN BAY AREA CLOSED AFTER DEADLY ACCIDENT
- COUPLE GETS LIFE FOR TORTURE MURDER OF NAPA TODDLER
- CAUGHT ON CAM: ILLEGAL STREET RACE LEADS TO CRASH IN SAN JOSE
- FORMER DEPUTY TO STAND TRIAL IN OAKLAND POLICE SEX SCANDAL CASE
- MUG SHOT RELEASED OF SF OFFICER ACCUSED OF HAVING CHILD PORN
- WINNING $1.2M LOTTERY TICKET BOUGHT AT DUBLIN BOWLING ALLEY
- FBI: MAN SAYS HE KILLED WIFE ON CRUISE OVER HER LAUGHING
- IDENTICAL TWINS WANT TO BE PREGNANT BY THE SAME MAN AT THE SAME TIME