CITRUS COUNTY, FL (WCMH) — Deputies say a K9 was quickly able to find a missing elderly woman because she had preserved her scent in a bottle more than two years ago.
According to the Citrus County Florida Sheriff’s Office, on Monday, deputies were called to find a missing endangered elderly woman with dementia, who had been missing for more than two hours.
Deputies say because the woman had completed a scent preservation kit about two and a half years ago, she was able to be found in less than five minutes through the use of K9 Ally.
The woman was returned home safely.
According to ScentEvidenceK9.com, scent preservation kits are used to help law enforcement find people with high-risk autism and dementia.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- VIDEO: FAMILY SPEAKS AFTER STOCKTON TEEN LIVE STREAMS DEADLY CRASH
- PALO ALTO MUSIC TEACHER ACCUSED OF SEXUALLY ABUSING STUDENT
- VIDEO: SAN FRANCISCO MAN ABUSES SHIBA INU PUPPY
- BABY FIGHTS FOR LIFE AFTER BEING ABANDONED IN NORTH BAY PARKING LOT
- VIDEO OF SHARK BEING DRAGGED BEHIND BOAT LEADS TO INVESTIGATION
- DRAYMOND GREEN FACES LAWSUIT FOR ALLEGED ASSAULT